Dr. Johnny E. Johnson has been practicing Obstetrics and Gynecology in the Denver metroplex since 1980. He grew up in Lanark, West Virginia and is the 3rd of 7 children. He received his medical degree at Meharry Medical College, School of Medicine, and completed his residency at St. Louis University Health School of Medicine. He also received a Master of Science in Developmental Biology from the Univ. of Cincinnati, and a Master of Healthcare Science at the University of Denver.
He is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology, and a clinical professor in OB/GYN at University Colorado Health Science Center. He is the former president of the Denver Medical Society and Mile High Medical Society. He is a board member of Colorado Medical Society, member of the National Medical Society and is a board member of Denver Health and Hospitals.
Dr. Johnson's academic appointments and teaching experience include Clinical Professor OB/GYN and Clinical Professor Family Practice at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, and Clinical Professor in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the St. Matthew's School of Medicine. He was also the Supervisor and Mentor for student's clinical rotation in OB/GYN, surgical procedures, and deliveries at Rocky Vista Osteopathic Medical School.
He is also a clinical speaker/Subject Matter Expert (SME) who speaks on women's health issues at all over the United States. Dr. Johnson is on staff at Presbyterian-St. Lukes, Rose, Parker and Sky Ridge Hospitals. He is very involved in the community and has receives numerous community and professional awards.
- University of Denver - Denver, CO
- Master of Healthcare Science 1996
- St. Louis University School of Medicine - St. Louis, MO
- Residency (1976-79)
- Homer G. Phillips Internship (1975-76)
- Meharry Medical School - Nashville, TN
- Doctor of Medicine 1975
- University of Cincinnati - Cincinnati, OH
- Master of Science in Developmental Biology 1971
- Marshall University - Huntington, WV
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology 1969
- Empowering Black Americans to Love Their Heart, Urban Spectrum, 2012
- How to Improve your Health Care, 2012
- Tacking Charge of Your Health, 2011
- C-Section on Request (Demand), 2007
- Contraceptive Methods of Today, 2004
- LSH, Minimal Invasive Surgery, Porter Adventist Hospital - Denver, CO, 2000
- Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy (Overview), 1993
- Review of Endometrial Cancer, St. Louis University - St. Louis, MO
- 20-Year Review of Cancer of the Ovary, St. Louis University - St. Louis, MO